Will Earning A Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery Technology Be Fruitful?
For the past few years, the world has been evolving at an incredible pace. People, cultures and countries are socializing through the internet. Lifestyle preferences are altering, especially in terms of food. New flavors are being created and explored. Everyone is experimenting with existing recipes. The rise in people’s desire to have delicious and flavorsome food has also grown their curiosity to learn cooking.
One business industry that has evolved due to this shift is the Baking and Confectionery Industry. Students are joining many courses related to this field. One of the popular course is bakery and confectionery courses
Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery Technology (DBCT) is a one-year program specially designed for learners who have a passion for baking and confectionery items to make them professionals.
Is The Diploma Valuable?
● Academic And Practical Knowledge
Baking is a kind of knowledge that is acquired only by taking both academic and practical training. Students learn about –
- The techniques of the baking process,
- The selection process of ingredients
- The heating and cooling process,
- Modern tools and equipment used.
- The tricks to prepare the best quality confectionery items
Later, students are given tasks where they apply the learnt methods and recipes for preparing dishes, giving them hands-on experience in baking.
● Discover New Skills
Students realize their true potential and develop talents during the course tenure.
- Their culinary arts get enhanced, making them masters in baking.
- Learn about the importance of nutrition, hygiene habits and safety measures
- Understand Food Value
- Interpersonal skills get sharpened.
- Understand Measuring Techniques
- Learn about setting up Food Pricing
- Time & Cost Management
● Own a Bakery
After studying Baking & Confectionery Items Technology, students do have an opportunity to open their bakery. Along with management and communication skills learnt, their culinary art assists them in managing and running their bakery successfully.
● Job Prospects
After completing the course, students can apply to restaurants, hotels, and bakeries for specialist jobs that offer lucrative salary packages.
- Manager Quality Assurance – Bakery & Confectionery: They are responsible for acquiring an ISO certificate, conducting periodic quality audits, and assuring all food safety regulations, including FSSAI, meet the quality of baking items.
- Bakery Chefs & Pastry Chefs: They are masters in baking pastries, cookies and other baked goods, creating incredible recipes and taking care of inventories.
- Executive Chocolate Chefs: They are professionals who prepare various chocolates and pastry dishes daily.
- Food Stylists: They are creative experts who design and style food in a unique way for photography.
- Food Bloggers: They share their experiences, views, knowledge, ideas, and recipes with other audiences. Thus, they become an influencer, impacting people’s choices.
Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery Technology (DBCT)
Jamia Hamdard (Deemed-to-be University) offers a diploma course in Bakery and Confectionery Technology (DBCT), where students can learn the art of baking and presenting food most temptingly. The total fee charged by the university is INR 12,500/-.
After completing the diploma, students will receive a degree certificate from the university.